Easter Chocolate Cupcake Receipe
With Easter around the corner and the school holidays approaching, it is the perfect time to get baking! When we think of Easter we think of eggs, chicks and bunnies. We can use these as ideas to get creative in the kitchen. We have put together a quick and easy recipe for easter egg chocolate cupcakes. These are great for sharing and are fun to make all year round.
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
For the cakes:
100g Butter or margarine
100g Self raising flour
2 x Medium eggs
For the icing:
250g Icing sugar
130g Butter or margarine
4 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
50g Chocolate Mini Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the butter, flour and sugar together. Carefully crack the eggs and beat into the mix.
- Spoon the mixture into baking cases in a cupcake tin and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until well risen.
- Remove from the oven and set to cook.
- To make the icing place the butter into a bowl and bean until soft. Slowly sift the icing sugar and a teaspoon of cocoa powder into the butter and mix together. Use a drop of milk or water if needed for a spreadable consistency.
- Once the cakes are cooled, use a star nozzle to pipe the chocolate icing in a circular motion on top of each cake. Place three mini eggs into the centre of each.